Monday, September 6, 2010

Full House



I love having a full house. Nothing warms my heart quite like it. The pitter patter of little feet, "Is Jackson down for a nap?", and doors wide open are images and sounds forever ingrained in my mind.

My family came to Pittsburgh this Labor Day weekend to visit. Holland could barely sleep Wednesday night anticipating their arrival. Finally at 10:15, she went to sleep! I think David and I were secretly just as excited.

We spent an entire day shopping at Ikea and didn't even get to look at everything. I will admit that their beds are sturdy--3 little girls were singing and jumping on them pretending to be music superstars. Thankfully (and surprisingly), we broke nothing! We did find some fabulous buys and I picked up a few Christmas gifts.

On Saturday, we took the train into the city. The girls were so excited and David was happy to show landmarks and tell them how much longer we had to ride. We took the Incline to the top of Mount Washington, which overlooked the Monongahela River and a picturesque view of Pittsburgh. We ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and then went further downtown to sneak a peek of David's office at Heinz. The visit would not have been complete without people watching.

It was a great visit and I'm so thankful for the memories made!


1 comment: